Monday, May 05, 2008

Good news, bad news

Good news: last week in the Bodonkey, I made a good laydown of two pair on a flushy board.

Bad news: I didn't make the laydown of my KQ when the board came A-K-x and Instant Tragedy went all in, with me only covering him by a few chips. His A beat me and I was short stacked.

Good news: I'm still in the top 18 on the Bodog Blogger Leaderboard.

Bad news: I haven't earned any points in a few weeks and could be in danger of dropping out of TOC contention if I don't pick up some points between now and the end of the series.

Good news: I am a few cents ahead in the micro-stakes cash games that I have played over the past couple of months.

Bad news: I haven't cashed in a SNG or tourney in over a month (except $0.35 that I won in a $1.25 single-table Razz SNG).

Things could be better, could be worse. At least I'm not on a big losing streak. I'm hoping that the Bodonkey tomorrow will go well for me.

1 comment:

JD Schellnutt said...

Agreed on the Fuel comment. Good luck in the Donkey...We are both definitely bubbly at this point. Regarding your KK call post from about 3 posts ago...there are only two times you fold there...1) as a big or medium stack in a satellite tourney at the bubble where 1st place wins the same thing as the last place qualifier...or 2) when you are 3 handed, the pusher has you barely covered, you both have monster stacks and big "M"s, the 3rd person is a microstack, you feel you are the best player left of the 3 and are confident with your M as high as it is you will still win, and lastly there is a significant pay difference between 1st and 3rd. Just my opinion. Thanks for the comment.
JD